Annual South Downs Way Walk
The Annual South Downs Way Walk is an organised nine day walk along the full 100 miles of The South Downs Way, one of England’s finest national trails. Full details of the walk can be found on its dedicated website below:
For the past 39 years it has been enjoyed, every June, by hundreds of people from all over the world. It is, by tradition, a supported rather than a guided walk – with everyone free to walk at their own pace each day. However, the Footprints team of experienced leaders walk the South Downs trail with you and you’re assured that there will always be people nearby to help with directions, first aid or just a friendly smile.
With luxury coach transport provided to and from the trail each day, it is by far the simplest way of completing this beautiful countryside walk.
The South Downs Way walk changes direction every year and in 2019 it will begin in Eastbourne on Friday 7th June and finish in Winchester on Saturday 15th June. The walk will be followed by a celebratory buffet reception at The Guildhall in Winchester on the Saturday afternoon.
Please note we do not book accommodation for this annual walk, but we can offer recommendations to participants.
Each day averages around 11 miles; Next year’s sectors are as follows:
Eastbourne – Alfriston – Lewes – Devil’s Dyke – Washington – Whiteways – Cocking – Queen Elizabeth Country Park – Exton – Winchester
Want to know more? click here
- Luxury coach transport to and from the South Downs Way trail for each of the nine days
- Buffet reception at the end of the walk with complimentary drinks
- Personal route completion certificates
- Free entry to all the competitions
- The support of the Footprints Red Shirts who will walk the trail with you
- An invitation to the ‘briefing meeting’ in May, with complimentary refreshments
The Annual Walk is popular, as such places are limited and get booked up quickly…